[plt-scheme] ANNOUNCE: mrdead & mzgnome

From: Corey Sweeney (corey.sweeney at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 1 19:38:51 EDT 2005

Daniel and I would like to announce mrdead, and mzgnome:

What is mzgnome?
-----------------
Mzgnome is an implementation of gtk2 bindings for plt scheme.

What is Mrdead?
-----------------
Mrdead is an implementation of the MrEd GUI toolkit interfaces built atop
those gtk2 bindings.

Why the name?
-----------------
This PLT logo might give you a hint:
http://people.cs.uchicago.edu/~robby/logos/steal-your-face-plt.svg

Where's my screenshot?
-----------------
Right here: http://students.depaul.edu/~csweeney/mrdead-screenshot.png

That's cool! How do I use it?
----------------

Download the MzGnome project from SourceForge. In particular, do:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/mzgnome login
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sf.net:/cvsroot/mzgnome checkout mzgnome

then move the mzgnome directory to your "collects" directory.
(something like /usr/local/plt/collects, depending on your system)

Then, in your favorite Scheme environment (DrScheme), include the library
with:
(require (lib "mrdead.ss" "mzgnome" "mrdead"))

You may then use the mrdead constructors frame%, dialog%, vertical-panel%,
button%, message%, etc..

The rest...
-----------------
It is not a complete implementation. What *has* been written was written by
Daniel Silva and myself (Corey Sweeney). Enough has been written already to
run the "one dimentional spreadsheet" demo that has been included (with some
possible crashes :). After you pull the files from cvs, you should find a
README file in a subdirectory. Check it for more info.

Neither Daniel or I are working on this anymore. But hopefully our efforts
won't go to waste. If you would like to pick up this project, contact
dsilva at ccs.neu.edu (he can give you write access to the cvs). The code
should be fairly easy to extend.

Corey