[plt-scheme] Trace in versions 209 and 299.404

From: Paulo Jorge Matos (pocmatos at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 28 14:17:49 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I student sent me an email which left me non-responsive.

He defined the following:
(define (inverte-iter n)
  (inverte-iter-aux n 0))

(define (inverte-iter-aux n res)
  (if (= (quotient n 10) 0)
      (+ (* 10 res) n)
      (inverte-iter-aux (quotient n 10)
                        (+ (* 10 res)
                           (remainder n 10)))))

(require (lib "trace.ss"))
(trace inverte-iter)
(trace inverte-iter-aux)

inverte-iter inverts an integer number generating an iterative process.
In version 209:
> (inverte-iter 12345)
|(inverte-iter 12345)
| (inverte-iter-aux 12345 0)
| |(inverte-iter-aux 1234 5)
| | (inverte-iter-aux 123 54)
| | |(inverte-iter-aux 12 543)
| | | (inverte-iter-aux 1 5432)
| | | 54321
| | |54321
| | 54321
| |54321
| 54321
|54321
54321

In latest version:
> (inverte-iter 12345)
|(inverte-iter 12345)
|(inverte-iter-aux 12345 0)
|(inverte-iter-aux 1234 5)
|(inverte-iter-aux 123 54)
|(inverte-iter-aux 12 543)
|(inverte-iter-aux 1 5432)
|54321
54321

Obviously the latest version seems the correct trace. Unfortunately I
was not able to find a bug report about this since the first trace
seems to be a bug although I'm quite unsure since 209 is labeled as
the 'stable' version.

How can I possible, access the Changelog for each version change. Is
there a simple way to do this with svn or with any other tool?

Thanks a lot,
--
Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at sat inesc-id pt
Web: http://sat.inesc-id.pt/~pocm