[plt-scheme] cutting out of Interactions window

From: Prabhakar Ragde (plragde at uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Wed Oct 26 10:13:24 EDT 2005

Robby Findler wrote:

> Only if the snips have no textual representation does this change
> happen. Probably they copied either image snips or number snips. (Does
> that sound right?)

They're number snips. What they're doing, which I don't condone in the
least, is writing their examples after they get their code running, and
pasting the "expected" answers which they've already computed into the
comments preceding their function. So in some sense they've shot
themselves in the feet. Eli kindly provided wxme-to-text, which we can
run, but I'm just trying to understand why this should happen.

There is a textual representation of the number right there in the
Interactions window. I can see why images become snips, but not why this
has to happen for numbers. Is there a purpose to a number snip cut out
of the Interactions window? What would one do with it that would work,
unlike pasting it into the Definitions window? --PR

Posted on the users mailing list.