[plt-scheme] Tag search in PLT?

From: Paulo Jorge Matos (pocmatos at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 25 09:53:43 EDT 2005

On 25/10/05, Robby Findler <robby at cs.uchicago.edu> wrote:
> Check Syntax will do that, but only if your program is in modules. (It
> won't do it for standard Scheme programs.)

But only for names defined within the same module, right?
I think Chris would like to jump to the definition of A:a from
function B:b. Where a is defined in module A and b is defined in
module B. I've tried Check Syntax but over names not defined in the
same module I'm working on, DrScheme won't show those pretty arrows!
:)

Cheers,

Paulo Matos

> Robby
>
> At Tue, 25 Oct 2005 10:55:05 +0000 (UTC), Chris wrote:
> > Hello schemers,
> >
> > This is what keeps me busy all of the time whenever I take a look at a source
> > code not written by me: I open a source code file in PLT and see a call of a
> > function.  If I right-click on it, there's only the choice for searching the
> > HelpDesk, but not something like "jump to definition".  This one is easy, if the
> > definition is within the same file, but if it's spread along several files, I am
> > having troubles.  It's not enough or convenient just to browse the dependency
> > tree of the modules, since I still don't know where a function is defined.  Also
> > the search in file function is not perfect for this.
> >
> > Is there anything available that does exactly what I want (like ctags) or will
> > there be a version of DrScheme with right-click "jump to definition"?
> >
> > - Chris

Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at sat inesc-id pt
Web: http://sat.inesc-id.pt/~pocm
Computer and Software Engineering
INESC-ID - SAT Group