[plt-scheme] Announcement: Scheme Pet Store

From: Ben Simon (ben at amazingmedia.com)
Date: Mon Oct 24 10:33:14 EDT 2005

Announcement: Scheme Pet Store

[NOTE: the Scheme Pet Store is written in SISC, not DrScheme/MzScheme.
 I'm still curious on this group's feedback and thoughts on the project.
 And of course, we could always port a version to DrScheme]

I would like to announce the availability of the Scheme Pet Store, a
version of the Java Pet Store, written in Scheme. This application
demonstrates the creation of a non-trivial, e-commerce-based web
application in Scheme.

The application is written using the SISCweb framework and can be hosted
in any J2EE compliant web container.

As it stands now, the Scheme Pet Store is a proof of concept that
demonstrates that Scheme is an ideal language for writing web
applications. With sufficient feedback from the Scheme community, this
application can be improved to the point where it could be thought of as
a reference application.

Interested? Check out...

    * The website: http://schemepetstore.pbwiki.com/
    * The project writeup:
    * http://schemepetstore.pbwiki.com/ProjectWriteup
    * The source code: http://schemepetstore.pbwiki.com/DownloadSource

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at
benjisimon at gmail.com.

Thanks,
Ben

Posted on the users mailing list.