[plt-scheme] PLaneT and beta releases

From: Ryan Culpepper (ryan_sml at yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Oct 22 11:50:41 EDT 2005

--- Noel Welsh <noelwelsh at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Ryan Culpepper <ryan_sml at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I'd prefer something like the following:
> >
> > planet --add-package-location
> > /home/me/bluepackages/package1 ryanc
> > package1 1 2
> > planet --add-package-location
> > /home/me/redpackages/STRANGE ryanc
> > package2 4 8
> >

> Of all the suggestions so far this seems the best.
>
> > Finally, it doesn't try to interpret
> > other subdirectories of bluepackages or redpackages as
> > PLaneT packages.
>
> All subdirectories of package1 and STRANGE should be
> interpreted as PLaneT packages.  I'm sure you meant this,
> but pedantry is virtually a synonym for CS ;)

No, the directories "package1" and "STRANGE" should both represent
packages. Their contents (files and subdirectories) are just parts of
the packages. The point I was making was that I want a way to add
packages directly, not directories-containing-packages. That is
different from Jacob's proposal and different from the way collection
paths work, for example.

Ryan