[plt-scheme] help! corrupted binary file

From: Allie Jacobs (fishie at MIT.EDU)
Date: Fri Oct 21 12:28:37 EDT 2005

I'm using verson 299.400 on Windows XP. I am pretty sure the bug
happened because I had a textbox and could not open the file as text
later on.

I found someone in my class that had the same problem and he fixed it
for me. Thank you to everyone that offered help!

Allie

Matthew Flatt wrote:
> At Fri, 21 Oct 2005 09:21:58 -0400, Matthias Felleisen wrote:
>
>>Is this on 299.400? or 299.200? Did you by any chance insert a textbox?
>

> To elaborate a little:
>
> This is a known disaster in 299.200 for Windows. We've had reports
> about the problem in 299.400 for Windows, but the reason for the
> problem is not yet clear. The old bug is definitely fixed in 299.404
> (because the "binary" format isn't binary anymore).
>
> So, we're interested to hear how the bug showed up for you: version,
> platform, and (in the case of non-299.200 or non-Windows), sequence of
> actions.
>
> Meanwhile, if using 299.404 (nightly build) is possible for you,
> upgrading should prevent this problem in the future.
>
> Thanks,
> Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.