[plt-scheme] Re: polymorphism of primitive types

From: Jens Axel Søgaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Tue Oct 18 15:51:28 EDT 2005

Yoav Goldberg wrote:
> Ah!
>
> (module foo mzscheme
>    (require (lib "1" "srfi")))
>
> doesn't work. I think this can be considered as a bug - that's not
> just MY code, but the very first srfi that can't be used inside a
> module (without prefixing).
 > May I suggest an addition of another type of require to the module
 > system?
 > Something like:
 > (require (override-current module-name))
 > ?

That's not a bug. See

<http://list.cs.brown.edu/pipermail/plt-scheme/2005-January/007611.html>

which also explains why overiding is a bad idea.

The letter ends with the following note on the doc.txt page of the
SRFI collection:

NOTE:  (require (lib "list.ss" "srfi" "1"))
        Please move this line further up in the doc-page for srfi.
        On a normal size screen the special info about srfi-1 doesn't
        appear on the first page.

(Hm - now I can see the heading "NOTE on SRFIs with name conflicts", but
  since then I gave gotten a bigger screen)

--
Jens Axel Søgaard