[plt-scheme] polymorphism of primitive types

From: Yoav Goldberg (yoav.goldberg at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 18 11:58:03 EDT 2005

> > 2/ this doesn't solve my problem - the builtin map doesn't work on
> > graphs.
> Ah, that's a bug!!!! Thanks.

How are you going to fix this bug? Comming to think of it, how did you
make the builtin car and cdr work for these graphs?

> > 3/ I prefer streams in this case as they give me much more flexibility
> > - I can control their sizes, append them, merge them, etc.
> All of this applies to rational graphs, too. Well, if you define the
> functions ...
How much memory will the graph of "1000 alternations of 1 and 2
followed by 1000 alternations of 3 and 4" consume when constructed?
(from what I understand, it will be like the equivalent list, which is
~2000. I would much prefer the lazy version in this case...)

Yoav

Posted on the users mailing list.