[plt-scheme] How do I reload a module that I've "require"d in the REPL?

From: Yoav Goldberg (yoav.goldberg at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Oct 15 19:21:40 EDT 2005

> I try to keep my tests in separate files, so I can actually maintain
> them with my program as it evolves and run them over and over, etc. I
> suspect this is better for the long-term health of my programs anyways.

Of course that's the better approach. I'm just lazy.

> For just simple explorations you do over and over, the esc-p history in
> the REPL survives the "run" button.

I didn't know about the esc-p history. Cool! Thanks.

> Anyways, this is well trod ground here. I just wanted to point out a
> way for Eric to get his REPL into a consistent state. You don't have to
> use it, Yoav. You may wish to build something better. Go for it!

I only brought that up because it reminded me that this behaviour of
the run button (cleaning the interaction window) was the second
biggest reason for not liking to use DrScheme as a student (the first
was the sometime insane memory usage, and rather long startup time),
and I wanted to share this with you all.

Yoav

Posted on the users mailing list.