[plt-scheme] Printing

From: Chongkai Zhu (mathematica at citiz.net)
Date: Sat Oct 15 12:09:03 EDT 2005

You could also try SRFI-48. I have already port it into
PLT Scheme. The code is now available from Schematics CVS.
One reason it is not in PLT now is that when doing the
port, I find several bugs in the reference implementation.
Although these bugs are fixed now, maybe there will be other
bugs. Should I insert the existin code into PLT?

Chongkai

>This is a really simple question, but I can't find the answer anywhere (help-desk, google, etc.).  How do you control, how many decimal places get printed with a floating pointer number.
>
>For example I want somthing like:
>
>(define PI 3.1479)
>
>(printf "~1.2a\n" PI) => 3.14
>
> or
>
>(printf "~a\n" (decimal-places PI 2)) => 3.14
>

>Thanks,
>
>Evan

Posted on the users mailing list.