[plt-scheme] Servlet2 and standalone.ss

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 13 15:10:52 EDT 2005

On Oct 13, 2005, at 2:32 PM, George Herson wrote:

> --- Jens Axel Søgaard <jensaxel at soegaard.net> wrote:
>
> Similarly, I had to take DrScheme from Beginner to
> Advanced to get it to do something very simple from
> The Little Lisper involving a quoted S-expression.  In
> the meantime, being a newbie, I had little idea what
> was wrong.

The Little Lisper runs (in principle) in Beginner with
List Abbreviations, chapters 1-7. I do have a TLL
language level module somewhere but it was written for
209 and I haven't found the time to wire it into 299.

The language levels are prefixed with HtDP for a reason.

> Maybe DrScheme can return in addition to an error
> message when a program fails, a list of what its other
> languages thought of the input program.

That's unfortunately superfluous for most uses and users.
But it is an interesting idea.

-- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.