[plt-scheme] mzscheme with @$%@$mred-kernel

From: ben kavanagh (ben.kavanagh at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 3 15:06:37 EDT 2005

Thanks Matthew, Jay. The 'mred -z' was already in the quark elisp code. So
yay that solved the mred-kernel load problem all right, but I'm trying to
run plt/redex and although running 'mred -z' allows me to load my program
and call it, whereupon it opens a window, the GUI thread doesn't appear to
be getting any cycles as it doesn't respond/draw etc until I <ctrl-D>/kill
the scheme process '*scheme*' in emacs, at which point the GUI window I
opened becomes spontaneously overjoyed and starts responding in a macabre
display of schadenfreude. If I run 'mred' without the -z arg then I get the
little bare bones GUI windows where I can type the commands that are
normally executed via the lisp commands in the scheme-mode. When I do this
the window I'm opening (well, that PLT/Redex is opening really) appears and
is enabled as it is interactive and everything works. Is this a known issue
and is there a known workaround?
Thanks -ben