[plt-scheme] keywords (a backward-incompatible change)

From: Felix Klock's PLT scheme proxy (pltscheme at pnkfx.org)
Date: Sat Oct 1 12:22:45 EDT 2005

On Oct 1, 2005, at 8:46 AM, Matthew Flatt wrote:

> Opinions?

In addition to adding the #k- form, please make sure you also add a
parameter that controls whether the reader parses :foo as an
identifier or as a keyword.

The Twobit source code in Larceny (which we've been bootstrapping
atop MzScheme for a while now) does use :foo for some of its
identifiers.  We would not be able to prefix the #k- form before the
troublesome code, but we are definitely able to modify a MzScheme-
specific parameter before the reader ever sees the code (we know this
for certain because a developer added keyword support to Larceny
itself, and so we already had to do the work of making sure a
particular parameter was called before reading those sexps).

-Felix

Posted on the users mailing list.