[plt-scheme] Interaction between Dr. Scheme and foreign libraries

From: Ittai Balaban (balaban at cs.nyu.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 26 13:50:22 EST 2005

Thanks for all your (Robbi's, Eli's, yours) responses to my dilemma..
If you still remember what this thread was about --

It seems that when dealing with an unfriendly foreign library as in my
case, the device driver analogy works best. i.e., I can either provide a
friendly wrapper in the form of another foreign library, or go all out
an provide a DrScheme tool.

On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 14:59 -0700, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> In any case, a tool would be specific to DrScheme. MzScheme, at its
> lower level of organization, doesn't really have a concept that's like
> a device driver. (Maybe it should.)

This is the only point I didn't understand: Why would I have this sort
of problem with mzscheme? mzscheme doesn't make a habit of
unloading/reloading my code..

--
Ittai