[plt-scheme] [Ann] Next meeting of the MSLUG

From: Dominique Boucher (dominique.boucher at nuecho.com)
Date: Sun Nov 20 09:52:08 EST 2005

The next meeting of the Montreal Scheme/Lisp User Group will be on
Wednesday, November 23rd.

Talk: Case study: integrating business logic and operations research using
Scheme at Kronos by Daniel Villeneuve.

Kronos' Altitude Division produces a software suite for constructing
optimized schedules, which involves numerous rules (governemental
regulations, collective agreements, business logic). We will present the
general architecture of the Altitude suite, with emphasis on the integration
of the components more closely related to our Scheme interpreter. We will
then give an overview of the main implementation techniques used in the
interpreter, related to the goal of extending and integrating Scheme with
our low-level optimization libraries (written in C) and our information
system (written in Java). A demonstration of an interactive application will
close the presentation.

www.iro.umontreal.ca/~boucherd/mslug/mslug-home-en.html

Dominique Boucher
Nü Écho Inc