[plt-scheme] Interaction between Dr. Scheme and foreign libraries

From: Ittai Balaban (balaban at cs.nyu.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 19 14:07:59 EST 2005

Hi.
I've run into the following situation, trying to use DrScheme with a
file requiring a module that does initialization of a foreign library:
When you hit 'run' in DrScheme, the interaction environment is
completely "rebooted", i.e. a module loaded before the 'run' will be
reloaded post-run. However, while scheme is effectively in a fresh
state, this is not true for the foreign library, leading to it being
initialized again and again on subsequent 'run's.

Any suggestions (other than requiring the user to explicitly initialize
foreign libraries)? Specifically, I have some module code that I would
like to run *once* per DrScheme process.

Thanks
--
Ittai