Fwd: [plt-scheme] A literary metaphor for Scheme

From: Marco Morazan (morazanm at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 7 20:41:25 EST 2005

Dear All,
 I would have to say Don Quijote de La Mancha. The idealist on a quest to
improve the world that everyone thinks is crazy (Shriram's first group)
except his faithful follower Sancho Panza (Shriram's second group). Indeed,
one could establish the parallelism with Joyce that was eloquently done by
Nishad, but there is the Broadway musical "Man of La Mancha" where Don
Quijote does make the life of everyone he touches better......as Scheme has
for the many it has touched. I am not sure there is an equivalent for this
when it comes to Joyce.
 Cheers,
 Marco

Marco T. Morazan

"On theories such as these we cannot rely. Proof we need. Proof!"
-- Yoda, Jedi Master