[plt-scheme] IPv6?

From: Lee Begg (llnz at paradise.net.nz)
Date: Thu Nov 3 17:04:24 EST 2005

On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 10:41, Matthew Flatt wrote:

>  * If you system supports IPv6, beware that "localhost" is probably
>    mapped to an IPv6 address by default. In that case, if you're trying
>    to contact an IPv4 server, it probably won't work; use "127.0.0.1"
>    instead.

All the computers I have dealt with use ip6-localhost for the IPv6 loopback,
so localhost remains IPv4 only.

The C API for connecting (and listening) have changed slightly, and it is now
expected that the program will loop through the addresses provided by name
lookup until it successfully connects.  So if localhost maps to ipv4 and
ipv6, there shouldn't be a problem.

Regards
Lee Begg