[plt-scheme] Using Scheme_Object * from another thread

From: Matt Jadud (mcj4 at kent.ac.uk)
Date: Wed May 25 16:49:26 EDT 2005

And, given the current state of the US economy, the conversion rate
between Biblical currencies and the USD would be horrendous...

 From alt-usage-english.org (which has a rather Yoda-esque ring to it)

http://alt-usage-english.org/excerpts/fxputino.html

-- begin paste
"put in one's two cents' worth"
by Mark Israel

This expression meaning "to contribute one's opinion" dates from
the late nineteenth century.  Bo Bradham suggested that it came from
"the days of $.02 postage.  To 'put one's two cents' worth in'
referred to the cost of a letter to the editor, the president, or
whomever was deserving".   According to the Encyclopedia
Britannica, the first-class postal rate was 2 cents an ounce between
1883 and 1932 (with the exception of a brief period during World War
I).  This OED citation confirms that two-cent stamps were once
common:  "1902 ELIZ. L. BANKS Newspaper Girl xiv, Dinah got a letter
through the American mail.  She had fivepence to pay on it, because
only a common two-cent stamp had been stuck on it."  On the other
hand, "two-cent" was an American expression for "of little value"
(similar to British "twopenny-halfpenny"), so the phrase may simply
have indicated the writer's modesty about the value of his
contribution.
-- end paste

Well. That's my $0.02 on the subject of the Boehm GC in MzScheme... but
I'm not the Matthew that Adam was referring to.