[plt-scheme] threads and mzscheme

From: Hans Oesterholt-Dijkema (hdnews at gawab.com)
Date: Mon May 23 14:52:11 EDT 2005

Matthew Flatt schreef:

>Threads are essentially continuation-based. There's just one system
>thread, and MzScheme has its own scheduler (hierarchical, round-robin)
>to swap Scheme continuations/threads.

This is probably where the pain is! I'm making a call to C for the
database connection, which
will probably block the mzscheme threading system! I'll probably want to
make the database
call asynchronous and wait on a semaphore in mzscheme for the database
to return with a
result ( I'll need to change sqli :(( ).

>I have the same questions as Eli: How are tasks communicated to the
>worker thread? How are MzScheme and the database communicating?

Please have a look at my previous post.

>Matthew

Thanks,

Hans Oesterholt.