[plt-scheme] Pbuild to Xcode

From: Richard Cleis (rcleis at mac.com)
Date: Fri May 13 03:34:36 EDT 2005

The subject appeared on March 1:

"I think that MzScheme works with OS X only when scheme_set_stack_base()
is called with a non-zero second argument. I've never sorted this out
properly, but because MzScheme disables the Boehm GC's handling of
dynamic libraries, I think the GC also can't find static variables in
MzScheme code." --- M Flatt

I haven't run into problems with Project Builder, so It doesn't seem to
be strictly an OS X issue.  I'll try the above tomorrow with Xcode.
Starting the environment with the following works fine in the PB
version, but it already worked:

int dummy = 0;
scheme_set_stack_base( &dummy, 1 );

rac

On May 12, 2005, at 11:27 PM, Felix Klock's PLT scheme proxy wrote:

> Richard-
>
> On May 13, 2005, at 1:16 AM, Richard Cleis wrote:
>
>> I merely built the two libraries as instructed in the download, then
>> typed the two into the link list in PB.  Other than the usual
>> "ranlib" complaint, that has worked for the past year or so (I am
>> using 206).
>
> Oh wait, you're using 206.
>
> I bet this iconv thing is a 299 issue.  Never mind.
>
> -Felix

Posted on the users mailing list.