[plt-scheme] Questions about modules, compilation, namespaces, planet and ffi

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon May 9 10:52:41 EDT 2005

At Thu, 5 May 2005 01:02:24 -0300, Bruno Deferrari wrote:
> * The first one: mzscheme crashes when loading this lib (it only happens with
>   this lib, an only from mzscheme, on mred it loads it without crashing).
>   I'm running plt-scheme 299.100.
>
> ; code
> (require (lib "foreign.ss"))
> (define libevas (ffi-lib "libevas"))
> ; and here, I get a segv
>
> ; gdb output
> #0  0x49c157a5 in __pthread_unlock () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
> #1  0x49c12d95 in pthread_mutex_unlock () from /lib/libpthread.so.0

I see that MrEd on my Linux machine is linked to pthread (must be
required by something else that MrEd uses), whereas MzScheme is not.

Does re-linking MzScheme so that it uses pthread avoid the problem?

Can anyone comment on whether always linking MzScheme to pthread on
Linux is a good idea?

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.