[plt-scheme] Languages and Tools

From: Matt Jadud (mcj4 at kent.ac.uk)
Date: Fri May 6 14:44:09 EDT 2005

It was too large.

Perhaps the question is moot anyway; the people I'd be talking to think
things should be written in C "because it'll be fast." So, in the end, I
probably couldn't win an argument about how to design/implement
compilers with them--no matter how much ammunition or ideas I walked
away from this list with.

Matthias Felleisen wrote:
> On May 6, 2005, at 1:54 PM, Matt Jadud wrote:
>> Question:
>> If you were writing a compiler today, what tools would you use?
>
> The question is too large. W/o constraints, the answer is obviously use
> a language in which it is trivial to process trees (the most common form
> of program representation) and verify whatever aspect of tree processing
> you find critical for your application.

Posted on the users mailing list.