[plt-scheme] referencing objects from within a class

From: Corey Sweeney (corey.sweeney at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 17 13:14:58 EST 2005

i havn't had muck luck looking through the documentation, I'm trying
to make a class, but when making a class like:

(define sexpanel2%
  (class sexpanel%
    (init-field (statement-text
                 (new
                  message%
                  (parent self)   <---
                  (style '())
                  (stretchable-width #f)
                  (stretchable-height #f)
                  (label "??"))))

i need to hook to the parent of the sexapenl2% object that will be
created in the future, after the class has been defined.  I figure
that it's gotta be a special keyword that's described with a differnt
word then i'm searching for.  i know it's not self, how do i do this?

Corey

Posted on the users mailing list.