[plt-scheme] find-method/who

From: Doug Orleans (dougo at place.org)
Date: Wed Mar 9 20:46:55 EST 2005

Matthew Flatt writes:
 > At Mon, 7 Mar 2005 20:16:18 -0500, Doug Orleans wrote:
 > > I'm running into this cryptic error (using exp-tagged MrEd) and I
 > > can't figure out what's going on:
 > >
 > > compile: access from an uncertified context to unexported variable from
 > > module: |,/usr/local/plt/collects/mzlib/private/class-internal| in: find-
 > > method/who
 >
 > See section 12.6.3 in the MzScheme manual for an explanation of
 > certificates.
 >
 > If you're writing a program-processing tool, you'll need to recertify
 > expressions that you assemble from pieces of pulled-apart expressions.
 > Or, if you don't care about discarding the enforcement power of
 > certificates, you can just recertify every expression as soon as you
 > extract it from an enclosing expression.

OK, I think I'm starting to grok this, but I'm not sure if I'm doing
the recertify correctly.  Should I be using `syntax-recertify', or
`syntax-local-recertifier', or both?  Or something else?  What should
I use as the inspector, `(current-code-inspector)'?  What do I use as
the certificate key?  Can I just use #f?  Do you have an example of
recertification?

(Also, while I'm here, I found 4 typos in the doc: "tranmsformer",
"certifciate", "#%plain-moudle-begin", and "curerently".)

--dougo at place.org

Posted on the users mailing list.