[plt-scheme] Re: call/cc and memory consumption

From: David Van Horn (dvanhorn at cs.uvm.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 20 09:35:40 EDT 2005

Matthias Felleisen wrote:
> David, I was wrong; your loop doesn't hang on to non-control memory.
> Sorry. But mzscheme's memory consumption stabilizes for the above tight
> loop after a couple of rounds so I am not sure how the problem could
> show up. -- Matthias

I see the memory usage climb to around 377 MB pretty quickly, then it grows at
slow rate of about 100MB/coffee trip across campus (at this point it is using
swap space).  As far as I can tell it doesn't stabilize, and definitely not in
a couple rounds.  (This is on a Sparc, running 299.101)

David

Posted on the users mailing list.