[plt-scheme] _bytes doesn't work as a simple ctype

From: Chihiro Kuraya (rxqvw at yahoo.co.jp)
Date: Sun Jun 12 14:29:24 EDT 2005

Hi,

"PLT Foreign Interface Manual" says that
_bytes can be used as a simple ctype as well as a custom-type macro.

But the following code generates an error.

(let ((ptr (malloc _byte 128))
      (data (make-bytes 16 0)))
  (ptr-set! _bytes 0 data))

The error message displayed in DrScheme is:

procedure application: expected procedure, given: #f;
arguments were: #<struct:fun-syntax> #<syntax:22:12>

This may be _bytes are considered as a custom-type macro.
How can I use _bytes as a simple type in the above context ?

I think it is more convenient to separate a simple ctype
from custom-type macro as separate symbols.

Chihiro Kuraya