[plt-scheme] DrScheme font combobox

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 8 12:03:55 EDT 2005

At Sun, 05 Jun 2005 11:44:11 +0900, Chihiro Kuraya wrote:
> Moreover, DrScheme on Windows XP behaves somewhat differencetly
> from one on Windows 2000.  On Windows XP, selecting Japanese font
> displays correctly in both edtir pane and interaction pane.
> But characters are displayed with different fonts mixed.
> (Since I don't have Windows XP now, I will report this problem later)

I've fixed the mixed-font problem for XP (now in svn).

I still don't know how to deal with the squares in pre-XP systems. MrEd
needs a "glyph exists?" predicate to decide when the current font has
no glyph for a character, and to look for a different font that has a
glyph. Under XP, MrEd uses GetFontUnicodeRanges(), but I don't know how
to implement the test in earlier systems (which don't provide the
GetFontUnicodeRanges() function). Implementation advice is welcome.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.