[plt-scheme] language levels in planet

From: Jacob Matthews (jacobm at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 15 10:05:03 EDT 2005

Dave Herman wrote:

> What would it take to be able to implement language levels in planet
> and have them get added to the "Choose Language..." dialog box?

The major change to PLaneT  between 209 and 299 that allowed PLaneT
package documentation to automatically show up in Help Desk should in
principle also allow PLaneT packages to install new language levels.
Looking through the Help Desk it appears there's a tiny snag, though:
DrScheme expects you to name the module implementing your language using
a (require (lib ...)) statement, which can't be done for PLaneT
packages. That's all I know right now; I expect to have more to tell you
about this in the future.

-jacob

Posted on the users mailing list.