[plt-scheme] Status of FrTime

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 11 05:25:02 EDT 2005

FrTime is cool, but lacks two things:

  - documentation

  - speed

The later is more of a concern -- on my 1.3GHz Powerbook
the simple animations respond really badly to mouse
movements.  (I'm using 299.106-cvs24may2005.)  I think a
modern machine is sufficient to animate a couple of
circles, so I'm wondering if this a DrScheme/MrEd problem,
an OS X problem, or a FrTime problem, and if it will be
fixed.  There are a couple of projects I'd like to use
FrTime for, one GUI based and one web based, but if the
performance is going to be this poor it will be unusable.

Cheers,
Noel

AIM: noelhwelsh
Blogs: http://monospaced.blogspot.com/  http://www.untyped.com/untyping/