[plt-scheme] web server scalability

From: Doug Orleans (dougo at place.org)
Date: Wed Jan 5 17:08:11 EST 2005

Matthias Felleisen writes:
 > Please specify "production" system with one of "personal server for
 > 1000 hits a day"; "Amazon-like"; something in between closer to which
 > end.

One data point: I run a PLT web server on my home machine and it gets
roughly 1000 hits per day (mostly from web crawlers and script
kiddies).  I've been running v299 for a couple weeks now, and the
process is only up to 19M (10M resident).  I've run earlier versions
for months at a time and have never really noticed any significant
memory issues, but I only have a few simple servlets and they don't
store continuations, which is the only place I'd imagine a memory leak
might occur.

--dougo at place.org

Posted on the users mailing list.