[plt-scheme] some complaints about PLaneT

From: Zhu Chongkai (mathematica at citiz.net)
Date: Mon Feb 28 19:20:28 EST 2005

======= At 2005-03-01, 02:29:26 Jacob Matthews wrote: =======

>Zhu Chongkai wrote:
>
>>(collection-path "name")
>>still will not return the same as
>>(build-path (CACHE-DIR) "owner" "name.plt" "1" "0")
>>

>This is by design: planet archives are not collections and there are
>cases where they will not behave identically. Is there something
>particular you can't do because collection-path doesn't find planet
>archives?

For my package, there are two particular points:

In "info.ss":

(define pre-install-collection "installer.ss")
(define tool-icons '(("name.gif" "name")))   ; point two

And in "installer.ss":

(module installer mzscheme
  (require (lib "setup-extension.ss" "make"))
  (provide pre-installer)
  (define (pre-installer directory-path)
    (pre-install directory-path
                 (collection-path "name")   ; point one
                 "name.c"
                 directory-path
                 '()
                 '("name")
                 '()
                 '()
                 '("name.lib")
                 '()
                 (lambda (t) (t)))))

Point one is about where to fine the C file. Although I
can change the code into

(build-path (cache-dir) "owner" "name.plt" "maj" "min")

to make things work, it seems ugly.

Ant point two is something that I really can't do because
of PLaneT.