[plt-scheme] Object oriented programming

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Mon Feb 14 15:03:51 EST 2005

On Feb 14, Keith Frost wrote:

> >>/ Is there a object system that is portable among different Scheme
> />/> implementations?
> /> No.
>
> How about Meroon?
> http://www-spi.lip6.fr/~queinnec/WWW/Meroon.html
> It is also based on CLOS.

Sorry, I saw "portable" and thought "standard"...  There are several
of them, I think that SLIB has a few that should be portable -- but my
experience with these things (not too extensive) is that either you
rely on the features that your implementation offers, or you get an
object system that is either too slow or too simplistic.  The other
option is to have a single system with different ports to other
systems, which I think was done for meroon on several implementations.