Apology (was Re: [plt-scheme] Idiomatic equivalent to exn:application in v299?)

From: Felix Klock's PLT scheme proxy (pltscheme at pnkfx.org)
Date: Sun Feb 6 18:41:50 EST 2005

On Feb 6, 2005, at 4:59 PM, Richard Cobbe wrote:

> <sigh>
>
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> A: Top-posting.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing on a mailing list?
>         -- .sig, Julien Salort <lists at juliensalort.org>

An apology:

When I wrote my response to Richard's message, I didn't realize that
there was actual content at the bottom of it; I had thought you had
just written that bit from Julien Salort and then stopped.  (I think
that the mix of top- and bottom- posting is to blame for my mistake
here).

Once I saw that you had actually included new content for the
discussion, I regretted posting my response.  It had absolutely nothing
to do with PLT or Scheme.  At the very least, I should not have CC'd
plt-scheme with that response.

I'm trying to cut the argument short at this point.  So, sorry for my
earlier snippy response.  I do tend to be a trim+bottom poster, but
there are some times when there is no appropriate trimming for the
message, and in those cases, I will tend to follow whatever pattern is
currently in place (if people are top-posting, then I top-post.  If
they are bottom-posting, then I bottom-post.  In short, I do as the
Romans do).

-Felix

----
"I'll come to that bridge when I cross it"  -rickyd

Posted on the users mailing list.