[plt-scheme] escape handler gives error on escape continuation?

From: Corey Sweeney (corey.sweeney at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Feb 5 23:10:31 EST 2005

can anyone tell me what this is about?  I registered a new escape
handler to suppress read errors, to allow the process to continue
rather then break to the scheme command prompt (i can gaurentee that
all data from all possible read errors dosn't matter, as long as the
process continues)

(define (guile-eval exp)
  (define read-server
    (lambda ()
      (call/cc (lambda (c)
;      (call/ec (lambda (c)
                 (error-escape-handler (lambda () (c #f)))
                 (read server-input)))))

but i get:

read: bad syntax `#<'
exception raised by error escape handler: continuation application:
attempt to jump into an escape continuation; original exception
raised: read: bad syntax `#<'

i don't get this.  am i doing something wrong?

Also, this way:

(define (guile-eval exp)
  (define read-server
    (lambda ()
;      (call/cc (lambda (c)
      (call/ec (lambda (c)
                 (error-escape-handler (lambda () (c #f)))
                 (read server-input)))))

i get:

read: bad syntax `#<'
exception raised by error escape handler: continuation application:
attempted to cross a continuation barrier; original exception raised:
read: bad syntax `#<'

(version 299.29)

Corey

Posted on the users mailing list.