[plt-scheme] uninstalling .plt packages in 299

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 3 10:58:30 EST 2005

At Thu, 3 Feb 2005 10:43:30 -0500, John Clements wrote:
> On Feb 3, 2005, at 10:33 AM, Dave Herman wrote:
> > In the past, when I've wanted to uninstall a .plt package that I had
> > installed, I found the directory in my local collects library and
> > deleted it. Now in v299 I see there's an info-domain collect with some
> > sort of package registry, so I'm not sure I should do that.
> >
> > a) How do I uninstall such a package?
> > [...]
>
> My feeling (since the appearance of the info-domain collection) is that
> this represents a cache of sorts, and should not be a canonical source
> of information.  This suggests that you should delete the package just
> the way you always did, and if the cache gives you any trouble, just
> blow it away and let it rebuild itself.

Yes. Simply running Setup PLT after you delete the collection should
work fine.

In other words, "info-domain" is not a registry in the Windows sense.
It's more like the old Mac OS desktop cache; it needs to be up-to-date
for things to work, but you can rebuild it at any time by running Setup
PLT.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.