[plt-scheme] the plt browser

From: Rohan Nicholls (rohan.nicholls at pareto.nl)
Date: Thu Feb 3 04:59:27 EST 2005

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 17:27:44 -0500
Paul Schlie <schlie at comcast.net> wrote:

> > From: Robby Findler <robby at cs.uchicago.edu>
> > At Wed, 2 Feb 2005 17:13:56 -0500, Don Blaheta wrote:
> >> Quoth Paul Schlie:

> >otherwise>> consume space which may be better left for possibly more
> >contextual items.>
> >> Could it maybe just be added to the Help menu instead?  Or, since
> >> existing Help Desk windows already appear in the Window menu, maybe
> >just> *change* the "Help Desk" item in the "Help" menu to "New Help
> >Desk" if> at least one Help Desk window already exists?
> >
> > This last idea is one I've wanted to avoid, since there will quickly
> > be many Help Desk windows floating around which probably isn't what
> > people want. I'll just try to make the creation of a new help desk
> > window less obscure. I'm not sure I agree with Paul that a "New Help
> > Desk" menu item would take too much space.
>
> - what if another help browser is opened only if a previously open
> help window is already front-most (implying another one was desired)?
>
> [ where if an opened browser weren't already front-most, it's most
> likely
>   that the user simply wanted it brought to the front if already open,
>   or open one if one isn't already, as it is now ? ]

I have no idea if this is possible, but what about the equivalent of a
middle mouse click opening a link in another window, or and I have no
idea how difficult this would be to implement, but take a leaf out of
the mozilla browser and allow tabbed browsing.

Just a suggestion.

rohan

Posted on the users mailing list.