[plt-scheme] inactive caret

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 10 14:01:36 EDT 2005

I think the best you can do is override on-paint and draw it yourself.

If you just want to show _something_ without showing the caret per se,
you might check out highlight-range, a method of text:basic<%> in the
framework. If you highlight an empty range, you get a single line, much
like a caret.

Robby

At Wed, 10 Aug 2005 18:21:24 +0200, Romain wrote:

> That's not what I want to do.
> With these methods, the definitions window get the focus and I don't
> want that. I want to make the caret appear in the definitions window
> whereas it does not have the focus.
> In fact, I'm handling the content the definitions window via another window.
> The problem is I don't where the caret is in the definitions window
> when I'm in the other window.
>
> Thanks,
> Romain.
>
> On 8/10/05, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> > At Mon,  8 Aug 2005 19:04:23 -0400 (EDT), Romain Legendre wrote:
> > > I'm trying to make the caret appear in the definitions window whereas it does
> > > not have the focus.
> > > I tried the methods set-inactive-caret-threshold, blink-caret, own-caret and
> > > refresh with 'show-inactive-caret.
> > > Perhaps I misused them, but they did not work.
> >
> > If you have the editor, send `set-caret-owner' with #f and 'global.
> >
> > More simply, if you have the canvas, just send `focus' (no arguments).
> >
> > Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.