[plt-scheme] Breaking hygiene

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 13 08:07:27 EDT 2005

On Apr 13, 2005, at 7:17 AM, Matt Jadud wrote:

> PS. Perhaps another thread, but how do people develop and debug
> significant macros? Or, do they just "get it right" the first time
> around?

Every group has a macrologist. We have Matthew, Robby, and Ryan. When
you're stuck with non-trivial questions, post to the group and they
will reply ;-)

Really: this is an area of active research and there has been
tremendous progress in the last few weeks. If you don't mind, could you
send a _broken_ macro definition to Ryan (or me) with a purpose
statement? I want to see whether his syntax debugger will help. Thanks
-- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.