[plt-scheme] getting Prog Lang : Application and Interpretation working under DrScheme

From: Chris Wright (wrightca at hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 16 08:22:17 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm wanting to work through PLAI, and I've loade the plai.plt and restarted
drscheme, and chosen the beginner language... DrScheme 208p1

Should I be able to just type
(parse '3) and get
#(struct: num 3) back ?

(doesn't work... "reference to undefined identifier: parse"  ok : type in
the definition of parse)

ok...

so I type the definition of parse (from  Section 1.3 - page 7) into the
definitions (with trepidation, 'cos "num" isn't familiar!)
and it accepts the definition
and then
(parse (read))
-> reference to unidefined identifier: num

Yep..

What do I need to do to get this to worK??

Thanks

Chris Wright