[plt-scheme] .Z* files in SLaTeX

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Sun Sep 12 17:09:26 EDT 2004

On Sep 10, 2004, at 6:08 PM, David Herman wrote:

>> Voila!  No more unmatched parens, ever.
>
> Unless you want to remove an outer expression from around an inner
> one, like:
>
> (string->symbol (string #\f #\o #\o))
> |->
> (string #\f #\o #\o)
>
> Am I right that you still have to select/delete the left half and
> right half of the outer expression separately?
>
> I'm sure in emacs it'd be easy to write a remove-surrounding-sexp
> function.

1) I generally do this without unbalancing parens by cutting the part I
want to save, pasting it outside, then cutting the original "context"
sexp.
2) That said, I've thought several times about adding the exact key
binding you suggest.  It will be somewhat trickier than the existing
ones, though. The hard part is going "out" one sexp.

john