[plt-scheme] .Z* files in SLaTeX

From: Doug Orleans (dougo at place.org)
Date: Thu Sep 9 17:18:31 EDT 2004

Shriram Krishnamurthi writes:
 > > Can I ask a SLaTeX question here? Does anyone else have the problem of
 > > having huge numbers of files starting with .Z piling up in a directory
 > > where SLaTeX is being repeatedly run?
 >
 > Since you asked -- not really (-:.  It's more of an annoyance under
 > Windows, which doesn't automatically hide dot-files.  (Maybe there's a
 > way of making it do so, information on which I'd be grateful for.)

In Windows Explorer (2000), try Tools -> Folder Options -> View, and
select "Do not show hidden files and folders".  I don't know what else
it considers "hidden" besides dot-files, so use at your own risk.

It's also annoying when CVS lists them all as unknown files, but I
just now figured out that you can put a file pattern (i.e. ".Z*") in
.cvsignore, so there you go.

--dougo at place.org

Posted on the users mailing list.