[plt-scheme] OS X themes

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sun Oct 31 13:43:47 EST 2004

At Sun, 31 Oct 2004 12:24:57 -0600, "Arctic Fidelity" wrote:
> I am wondering if there is a way to change the look of the buttons
> and such to have the "brushed metal" theme of OS X?

In v299, you can get a brushed-metal frame by providing the 'metal
style when instantiating frame%. Metal buttons and other controls are
not available, though, because they're not available in Carbon (which
is the layer of the Mac GUI toolbox that MrEd uses; metal controls are
in Cocoa).

MrEd v299 uses bevel buttons for bitmap% labels. So, you could get
something that looks close to metal buttons by using bitmap labels ---
but maybe not close enough to be worth the hack.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.