[plt-scheme] signed unit syntax

From: Stephen Tetley (rt014i7347 at blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Wed Oct 27 17:04:31 EDT 2004

Hello

I went through the first few chapters of Chris Okasaki's Purely
Funbtional Data Structures using units rather than ML signatures and
functors. I've just put up the code at the URL below:

http://www.slackwise.org/spt/files/purely-functional-datastructures/

I can't remember how complete the implementations were and I tried to
say in spirit with the ML code, so some of the pattern matching got
pretty hairy (and maybe not so useful for the cook book). I'll have a
proper look at the code at the weekend - feeling tried after my last
post :-)

For my undergraduate thesis I did a lot of code using unit and mixins to
create layered components in the style of Gen Voca, but officially that
code belongs to my old university.

Best wishes

Stephen

Jens Axel Søgaard wrote:

> David J. Neu wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm trying to get a handle around some of the syntax for signed units
>> and have attached a simple toy example to show where I'm stuck.
>>
> I remember I missed examples in the documentation of units in order to
> get the abstract
> concpets to fall into place. In lieu of recipes on units on
> <http://wwww.schemecookbook.org>
> I''ll just link to the discussion, where I got help on units.
>
>    <http://list.cs.brown.edu/pipermail/plt-scheme/2003-May/002795.html>
>
> Are there other examples around? Perhaps we could use them for the
> cookbook.

Posted on the users mailing list.