[plt-scheme] Keyword args

From: Paul Schlie (schlie at comcast.net)
Date: Sat Oct 23 21:21:29 EDT 2004

I understand.

To me, 'x is clearly a shorthand for (quote x) as the quote ' both precedes
it's argument in both cases, and is clearly logically associated with the
symbol it's been pre-pended to.

However although :x 2 may be though of as shorthand for (: x 2), it doesn't
intuitively seem natural to presume it extends it's semantic influence
beyond the symbol it's been pre-pended to, as x: 2 seems to more intuitively
naturally indicate given it's traditional syntactic and semantic use. (which
is I guess why I find (procedure :x 3 :y 3) visually disturbing, as I  tend
to quickly parse as (( procedure :x) (3 :x) 3), which I know is not what was
intended.

Which may just be me,

-paul-