[plt-scheme] Re: CS Education Wishlist

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 20 14:28:10 EDT 2004

On Oct 20, 2004, at 9:21 AM, Eric Kidd wrote:

> HtDP does an impressive job with (1).  But there's also a need for
> people who can handle the non-technical aspects of developing
> software.

After HtDCH I will write HtDSys and the non-technical aspects
will dominate the content. However, I am beginning to think that
this whole non-technical aspect is ubiquitous and needs to come
in as early as in the first course and be systematically developed.
This ranges from pair programming (see book by Williams Kesler)
to presentations to being presented to etcetc. Some of us (HtDP)
have test taught courses along those lines and I think we're making
progress.

I have started to do some fund raising but this is extremely
difficult.

-- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.