[plt-scheme] Re: Programming for non-programmers

From: Alex Peake (alex.peake at comac.com)
Date: Sat Oct 16 11:33:33 EDT 2004

>Message: 2
>Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 13:31:00 -0700
>From: Richard Cleis <rcleis at mac.com>
>To: "Neil W. Van Dyke" <neil at neilvandyke.org>
>Subject: Re: [plt-scheme] Re: Programming for non-programmers
>Cc: plt-scheme at list.cs.brown.edu
>
>Is it the 'workers' that need educated or The Industry that needs educated?  The laments in this
thread include errors (made by >'workers', of course) involving memory allocation, among other
low-level issues.  In other words, after a four decade computer >evolution where operating systems
have surpassed a gigabyte, these environments are still so dumb that it is possible for >'workers'
to make the same fundamental errors today as we did when I was a kid.

>I feel cheated; I was told that programs would be writing themselves by now! ;)

It is WE the programmers ('workers') that need to write the programs that write programs, surely?

Alex

Posted on the users mailing list.