[plt-scheme] Re: Programming for non-programmers

From: Neil W. Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Fri Oct 15 15:29:23 EDT 2004

> Finally, even with all the outsourcing and the post-bubble blues the
> prediction of the industry association is that until 2012 there will
> not be enough software/information professionals produced in the US.

I understand that the industry association would like to see an
oversupply of workers.

But perhaps the industry association is lamenting an undersupply of
workers who are more highly skilled than all the currently underemployed
and unemployed ones.

In that case, it'd behoove industry associations to more aggressively
fund innovative CS education approaches and initiatives.

HtDP and TeachScheme are two such beasts that come to mind.

Posted on the users mailing list.