[plt-scheme] Re: Programming for non-programmers

From: Richard Cleis (rcleis at mac.com)
Date: Thu Oct 14 01:45:30 EDT 2004

Your comments match what I personally have experienced; that is why I
am an advocate.  Everything that I have written in the past year has
either been in scheme or in Mz embedded in C programs.  But after
seeing a few informal presentations, our Masses-of-Eight remain in
their comfortable beds of C++ (in our workplace, no one is forced to
use anything in particular).  They are always able to convince
themselves that debuggers and guis are as effective for development as,
in your words, 'scripts to drive the C++ program'.

I want to present a few killer ideas that will get them to seriously
consider scheme.  Procedural programmers (like me), have to experience
functional programming to become enlightened.  My motivation came from
necessity; I was drowning in C.  But what if programmers don't feel
that they are limited?

rac